Prevention and Awareness
The Cottage participates in a number of community awareness events through out the year.
- The Cottage supports and participates in Take Back the Night, which is an event facilitated by the Women's Studies Department at The University of Georgia where students and others take to the streets of Athens to show their support for safety for women in their community and the world. This event is an annual event in April.
- The Cottage can be found on the campus of The University of Georgia several times through out the year spreading awareness of adult sexual assault and predatory drugs.
- Athens Night Lights is when The Cottage staff and volunteers take to the streets of downtown Athens to promote community awareness of predatory drugs. Look out for us at random weekends downtown spreading awareness and glow bracelets.
- The Cottage facilitates and participates in a number of events during the month of April to promote awareness of child abuse and sexual assault within the community that we serve.
- The Cottage 5-K Run and Walk is an annual event that kicks off our month of awareness in April.
Prevention of Abuse
The Cottage is able to come out to a group or school to speak about several different prevention subjects, such as:
- Teen Healthy Relationships
- Teen and Young Adult Sexual Assault Prevention
- Predatory Drugs and DrugFacilitated Rape
- Sexual Assault Examinations
- Child Sexual Abuse Prevention
- Sexual Harassment and Discrimination
If you are interested in The Cottage participating in a Community Awareness Event or facilitating a class on Prevention of Abuse, then please contact Sally K Sheppard at 706-546-1133 ext. 30 or .