Did you know ...
- $25.00 will pay for the supplies for one night of child group therapy.
- $50.00 will pay for one therapy session for adult or child victims.
- $100.00 will pay for the supplies for one night of hotline volunteer training.
- $250.00 will pay for a week of advocacy to child and adult victims of sexual abuse.
- $500.00 will pay for 10 therapy sessions for one adult or one child victim.
- Snacks for child and adult clients, such as juice boxes, bottles of water, non-perishable foods such as crackers, cookies, individual macaroni and cheese, or cups of soup, etc.
- New stuffed animals for child clients of our center.
- Crafts, crayons, markers, etc. for children participating in group activities at the center.
- Magazine subscriptions mailed to the center for clients.
- Diaries for teen and adult clients in group therapy through our center.
- Household items, such as toilet paper, paper towels, hand soap, cleaning products, etc.
- House plants for the center.
- Plants and mulch for the gardens at the center.
- Fire Ant Killer for the children's playground.
- Gas cards or bus passes are helpful for the center to distribute to clients that are having difficulty going to therapy appointments due to transportation issues.
The Cottage pays approximately $55 per therapy session for each client. $550 will pay for a victim of sexual abuse or assault to receive 10 sessions of therapy.
$250 will pay for a week of an accompaniment advocate to be with a client through a sexual assault examination during on nights and weekends.
$500 will assist The Cottage in providing training to other agencies involved in sexual assault, such as the District Attorney's office, Law Enforcement or the Department of Family and Children Services.
$250 will assist The Cottage in providing education and community awareness of sexual assault to parent's and teens within our service area.
The Cottage is a non-profit agency and has 501c3 status. This means that you may count monetary donationsto the center as deductions on your tax forms. Please ask a tax professional about further questions on tax filing matters. (Form 990)