Hotline Volunteer: The Cottage is recruiting dedicated folks searching for an opportunity to offer immediate help to those affected by sexual assault. The Cottage has positions available for hotline volunteers. A hotline volunteer would be required to participate in specialized training and a criminal history check. A hotline volunteer would need to be able to commit to nights and weekends of their choice to be on call. The hotline volunteer will be able to answer the hotline wherever they may be with a cell phone provided from The Cottage to use while they are on call. Hotline volunteers may expect calls relating to sexual assault information and referrals along with the occasional crisis call. Hotline volunteers will be trained in how to handle these situations with confidence. If you feel that you are a person that can handle these issues and you have a desire to work with those affected by sexual assault then this is an opportunity for you.Please call the hotline at 706-353-1912 or email The Cottage at firstname.lastname@example.org
Center Maintenance: If you have skills with physically maintaining a home or office building then The Cottage may occasionally need your assistance when maintenance is needed. Please call the hotline at 706-353-1912 or email the cottage at email@example.com
Garden and Yard up Keep: The Cottage has two gardens and a playground for the children that visit our center. We are looking for a few folks that are interested in helping us with the up keep of these gardens by watering, planting and pulling weeds. We also need help keeping our playground safe with regular maintenance, eliminating fire ants and pulling weeds. Please call the hotline at 706-353-1912 or email the cottage at firstname.lastname@example.org
Secretarial Work: The Cottage is always looking for folks that are interested in helping us with filing, composing letters and other secretarial type work. This work is usually on an as needed basis.
All volunteers have to complete a volunteer packet that includes a criminal back ground check and references. All volunteers are expected to maintain confidentiality of our clients at all costs.
Did you know ...
- $25.00 will pay for the supplies for one night of group therapy.
- $50.00 will pay for one therapy session for a survivor.
- $100.00 will pay for supplies and dinner for one night of hotline volunteer training.
- $250.00 will pay for an advocate to be on-call for one week to be with survivors during exams after hours.
- $500.00 will pay for 10 therapy sessions for one adult or one child survivor OR allow The Cottage to provide training to collaborative agencies like law enforcement, Department of Family and Children Services and the District Attorney’s Office.
- Snacks for child and adult clients, such as juice boxes, bottles of water, non-perishable foods such as crackers, cookies, individual macaroni and cheese, or cups of soup, etc.
- Magazine subscriptions mailed to the center for clients.
- Toys for boys ages 4-12.
- Diaries for teen and adult clients in group therapy through our center.
- Household items, such as toilet paper, paper towels, hand soap, cleaning products, etc.
- House plants for the center.
- Plants and mulch for the gardens at the center.
- Fire Ant Killer for the children's playground.
- Gas cards or bus passes are helpful for the center to distribute to clients that are having difficulty going to therapy appointments due to transportation issues.
- Electronic game system and games.
- Children’s movies- DVDs
The Cottage is a non-profit agency and has 501c3 status. This means that you may count monetary donations to the center as deductions on your tax forms. Please ask a tax professional about further questions on tax filing matters. (Form 990)